Friday, November 27, 2009

Post Thanksgiving Thanks



My thoughts exactly.

However, because I've generally been in a foul mood for the past week or so, I thought I should make an extra effort to think about what I'm grateful for right now. I'm a day late, but, I suppose, it's never too late to be thankful for:

My husband, the LSH*, although, currently he's on my s*** list. Long story, but I believe, due to the drama he has created, I can now be considered the LSW*. But, I love you, sweetie. For better or worse.
Grateful for my brother, Tom, who is always "there" for me, through the good and not so good.
Grateful for "the girls", my friends from childhood, who are always there to lend an ear or a hand. And, of course, make me laugh my ass off (unfortunately, not literally).
Grateful that I still have my job, although they're killing me, with too many responsibilities and the stress that comes along with that. But we need that paycheck, even without a raise this year.
Grateful that, at this time exactly a week from today, I'll be spending the night in warm Miami and on Saturday, board my luxury cruise ship to tropical ports beyond. I'm purposely using the pronouns "I" and "my" because not really sure if the LSH will be able to make it (see first item on list).
Just finished watching the Paul McCartney@Citifield special that was on last night. I'm grateful for those Beatle memories and that I was able to attend the Citifield show last July.
Grateful that I was able to re-connect with so many great people from my high school graduation class at our recent reunion and we have Facebook to continue to keep in touch.
Grateful that, although the doctors' still haven't been able to figure out what is causing my neuropathy, I now know that I DON'T have diabetes, MS, Lyme's Disease, lupus and small-cell lung cancer. Now, if they can only find out what I DO have that's causing this.
Grateful that I was born in America, that we have a roof over a heads and food in the pantry and clothes in the closet.
Speaking of closets, I'm grateful that I finally got around to cleaning my closet out today and getting a bit more organized. I actually got these things. Although this is the online site, you can buy them in many stores and save the shipping. They do actually work, although they are plastic. Wood would look nicer, but then, they wouldn't cost $19.99.
Grateful that my buddy, Bailey, my 13 1/2 year old Old English Sheepdog, is still with me and is currently sleeping peacefully at my feet.

There are many other things I'm grateful for, but these are at the top of the list. It's not really a bad idea, doing this grateful thing. I'll have to remember to do this more often.

*LSH - long suffering husband LSW - long suffering wife

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you had a good Thanksgiving!

    I watched the Paul McCartney special. It was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LSW

    And I also are thankful the love of my life. Being on her s*@t list isnt really a bad thing, at least she has me still on a list of hers. I love you more and more each day. Sorry for all the drama.

    me

    ReplyDelete