Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tag -- You're It

The Rules:
*Grab the nearest book.
*Open the book to page 56.
*Find the FIFTH sentence.
*Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your blog along with these instructions.
*Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one; pick the CLOSEST.
*Tag five other people to do the same.

I tag:

Purple Flowers
Bilbo's Random Thoughts
Surviving New Jersey
Preppy In The City
An Angel In The Outfield

I'm using the closest book to me. Knowing I was going to be laid up for awhile, I stopped by the local B&N a few weeks ago and picked up an assortment of books, mostly "take me away" kind of books. I admit I got hooked on the Twilight series(there's something about a sexy vampre). So, this is the author's newest-no vampires in sight, at least not yet.

"I turned my back to her and concentrated on calming myself. I tried to pretend she wasn't there. That I was all alone in my austere kitchen, staring out the window into the little patch of night sky, at the three bright stars I could see through it."
-The Host
by Stephanie Meyer

3 comments:

  1. I don't usually do memes, but since it involves books, I'll do it for you. It may take a few days, though, and I won't tag anyone else to do it. Okay? No offense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fine, Bilbo. I only included you because it WAS about books. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped doing the memes a while ago. I hope you're not offended.

    ReplyDelete