Sunday, July 12, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Shoes


I understand that this was the original title when Cyndi Lauper wrote this song, but one of the record execs Said she had to change it because he didn't think enough girls would be able to relate. Had to be a man.
I went shoe shopping last week. I was looking for a pair of red, strappy sandals with a heel no higher than 2 inches. I don't know how anyone can walk in those 3 and 4 inch stilettos that are so popular. For me, it would be a broken ankle just waiting to happen. And actually, it seems to me that most women DON'T know how to walk in them. Have you ever really watched someone wearing them? They walk with their hands out on their sides, like they're walking on a tightrope or they're bent forward or backward, trying to balance themselves (if they're not holding onto the walls for dear life.
Anyway, I didn't really have much hope in finding what I was looking for because, as sad as this sounds, it's really the end of the season for summer shoes and most stores won't be getting in anymore. I was able to find a pair though, not as strappy as I was hoping for, but still cute. I also happened to find 3 other pairs of shoes that I loved. I wasn't planning to buy four pairs of shoes, so I made this deal with myself - If they have them in my size, 6 1/2, then I was meant to have them. C'mon girls, don't tell me I'm the only one who has used this rationalization before. Well, I guess it was meant to be because they had all 3 in my size. So, off to the register I went, picking up a cute, Tommy Hilfiger tote along the way:


Now, I wore one of my new pair of shoes the other day to work, expecting to hear all kinds of compliments like "I LOVE those shoes" or "those shoes are SO cute!", but no one, I mean, NO ONE said anything, Is my taste really terrible? I thought they were adorable. They're Etienne Aigners and not that that automatically makes them great, but c'mon now. Are these that awful?

5 comments:

  1. tues/wed @9pm full episodes here: http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/episode-guide/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never understand how women can wear those high heels!? It seems that it would kill the ankles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have told you they were cute. The world just doesn't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and summery. Clearly everyone is jealous of your small foot and good taste.

    ReplyDelete