Monday, September 7, 2009

And How Was YOUR Weekend?

Well, my 5 day stay-cation (it's amazing how quickly that term has become part of our everyday speak) is about over. It was so nice to have time to do the "should-dos" like cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. and the want-to-dos, like ballgames, reading and just chilling out.
On Saturday, the LSH & I attended the Mets vs. Cubs game at Citifield. We got there early and played tourist. The area where Shea Stadium once stood is now a parking lot. But they have marked where the infield was, first, second, third base, home and the pitcher's mound. I made sure I had my pic taken at home and third base. However, I hate my pictures, so I refuse to post them.

I bought the tickets on StubHub. Many of the season ticket holders are selling their tix at quite a discount, just trying to recoup some of the cash they laid out. When I printed them, I saw that these tickets entitled us to access to the Acela Club. Now, since the stadium opened, I have been somewhat vocal regarding what I saw as "elitism" with certain bars and/or restaurants allowing only customers who had purchased tickets in specific seating levels, entry. That exclusiveness just didn't sit well with me. I mean, this is baseball, the All-American game, the game of the people. But, I admit, I was curious and, at the suggestion of a friend, I found myself calling to see about getting a reservation. And we were not only able to score a res foe 12:45PM. but our table would be on the outdoor patio overlooking the field. The reservationist assured me that we could sit there and watch the entire game, if we wanted.
So, as conflicted as I was, that was where we were for the entire game. And, I admit, both of us enjoyed it thoroughly. I guess this officially makes me a phony-baloney. If it helps, I'm still very conflicted. And, honestly, I've felt very bad for the owners of the Mets, The Wilpons, who lost, reportedly, over $700 million in the Bernie Madoff rip-off. So, I'm glad I could do something to help them, by enjoying the most expensive French Toast I have ever had.

1 comment:

  1. Lmao at the expensive french toast! I hate my picture also!

    ReplyDelete