Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Woman's Dilemma


Today was the start of a 5 day weekend for me. Yay!
I have 2 weddings to attend in October and a possible class reunion in November, so today i went looking for a dress with no success. But my usual dressing room frustration returned, as I brought in 6 different pieces of clothing, 5 of which were a size 12 and 1 a size 10. Two of the size 12s were too big, two were too small, and the size 10, which, when I brought it in to try on, I thought "who are you kidding?", fit perfectly. Men, when they go to buy a pair of jeans/slacks, know they're a 34W 32L, or whatever. Women's sizes don't even make any sense - size 8, size 12, size 18W. What do those numbers mean anyway? Then, you break those sizes down even further. Are you a Junior, Misses, Petite, Woman?
I noticed a lot of the clothes they're showing for the fall reminded me of my hippie days - paisley, multi-colored designs. A lot of animal prints too. Not sure if I can pull that look off anymore.
I have one dilemma. There will be many of the same people at both weddings. I'm having a hard time finding ONE dress; do I now have to get two??

PS. This is NOT my new blog design. I just wanted something else while I'm trying to figure out what to do.

5 comments:

  1. Find out if the same people will be at both weddings. You may want to get another basic dress that you can wear again (at another event), or change the first dress w/different jewelry. Accessories can change a look. Good Luck, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say who cares!! This is hard times, sister! Wear the same dress to both. What horror?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously - why is our sizing so challenging? I bet I know why. Because it forces us to try things on, stay in the store longer, being indecisive which leads to the likelihood of more sales. Have fun with your events. And be happy that the one that fit was the "smallest" of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy one dress and accessorize differently. Scarf, belt, even jewelry or shoes will make it look like a different dress.
    And don't you hate that about women's sizes? You always have to bring in 3 of the same style; drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say, though, I like the white? My eyes opened wide. LOL Pupils are fully dilated now to take in all you have to write. ;) Yeah, the hippie colors and styles are back. I was like WTF....? Did you try to experiment with a blank blog?

    ReplyDelete