Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pink Ribbon

I know we're already 1/2 way through October and it would be hard to find someone who doesn't know that it's Breast Cancer Awareness month. I think the Susan G. Komen organization and others have done a phenomenal job spreading the word and becoming one of the top charities in the world.
As a two-time breast cancer survivor, obviously this cause is near and dear to my heart. There are a few websites I'd like to tell you about that I particularly like. The first one is the Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Ribbon Shop. Breast Cancer has touched the lives of so many - it seems that everyone knows someone with breast cancer. By wearing PinkRibbonShop.com merchandise, you are helping to spread the word and increase awareness about breast cancer. You are showing those you know with breast cancer that you care. You are also helping to support breast cancer research, because a portion of the proceeds from every item is donated to breast cancer organizations.
This next site is so cool. It's a virtual walk to raise funds for Stage IV breast cancer patients. Please check it out and if you want to join me, my team is called "Kathy's Crew." The website will explain it all. It costs as little as $5 to join and the only thing you need to exercise are your fingers. Please check it out: Gal to Gal Virtual Walk. You guys are invited too!!
And, last, but not least, ladies:

DON'T DELAY GETTING YOUR
MAMMOGRAMS!

It can save your life. It did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment