Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sleepy Time Gal

I haven't been feeling up to par for awhile.....no energy at all, just very, very tired. So the doctor sent me for a sleep study at the local hospital Tuesday night.

The hospital had sent me a brochure, telling about what to expect and saying the bedrooms were especially decorated to make you feel like home and not in a hospital. I don't know about you, but putting a bedspread on a hospital bed didn't make me feel at home. The best thing about the room was that it had a nice flat screen tv.

Got there, put my pjs on and spent 45 minutes while the technician applied all these electrodes on my head, face, chest and ankles. Then added these two belts above and over my abdomen. Now, these all had wires that were inserted into this box which had a cable which was inserted into another box which transmitted information to a computer. Trying to sleep without getting tangled up in all these wires is not the easiest thing to do. Then, as usual, I woke up around 2AM to use the bathroom. I had to call the technician to unhook me from all these monitoring devices just so I could go.

It was a very strange experience. I mean, here I am in my sleepwear, sittiing on the bed, all alone with the male and he's putting these things all over my body. There weren't any other hospital staff around. I mean, when I go to most male doctors now, they normally make sure there is another female in the room to protect themselves from being accused of improprieties and here I am with this strange man in a bedroom setting and no one else around.

I haven't heard about if, and what, they found. I doubt very much. I was very happy to be home in my own bed last night.

1 comment:

  1. I would have never been able to fall asleep.
    Love the new header and see you added some blogs to your list. I enjoy Metstradamus' post too. The man is a genius, of course the Mets demise is all related to the arrival of #1. You should check out Faith and Fear in Flushing and Metsblog. The boy and I are big Mets fans!

    ReplyDelete