Friday, November 14, 2008

Ouch!

Over the last month or so, due to having day-to-day medical issues, I haven't always looked my best. My issues are chronic. Some days I'm fine, others I'm not. I just never know. But people usually can tell just by looking at me if I'm having a good day or not.
Well, one day this week, I was feeling pretty damn good. I was having a good hair day, took the time to "put on my face" and had on a new outfit that I love, to work. Walking towards my building, I had a little spring in my step, the first time in awhile. You know how it is, when you feel you're looking good, you just exude confidence.
I met a co-worker at the elevator and I said "Good Morning", she acknowledged me also and I saw her do a little double take. I assumed it was because, for a change, I was looking more like my old self. However, what she says is "Are you feeling alright? You just don't look well." Excuse me? This is about as good as it gets! Talk about taking the wind out of my sails. On top of that, later that morning, another co-worker I saw in the hall said pretty much the same thing. And to top it off, the LSH stopped by at lunch and asked me if I was feeling okay.
Ok, I forgive the LSH. He knows about my problems and was just showing concern. But, really, don't tell someone they don't look well if you don't even know if they're ill. Because, you can be pretty certain that if they were okay before, they're definitely not feeling well now.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. I'm of the belief that you don't tell someone they don't look good, because many times IF they don't look good it's because they don't feel well. In other words, someone is making someone else feel bad.
    I've had the same thing happen, whereby I feel good, and someone tells me how tired I look etc. I often wonder if these people are just giving insults. If you feel good, don't let them get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. But as long as you FEEL well, so what? But, I know. Been there. Glad to have found your blog through the lovely Purple Flowers.

    ReplyDelete