Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm A Believer

I was going to blog about some of our experiences on the cruise, but I'm putting that
off for another day.
Did you ever have a dream that was so real that, for the first few moments you're awake, you think it really happened? I had one last night.
A little background. My mother passed away 39 years ago when I was a young girl. She had cancer and had been suffering from it for 7 years. With all her hospital stays, surgeries and treatments, it was hard for her to be the mom she wanted to be. This is something I only came to realize as I got older.
Well, in last night's dream, she "appeared" to me. I've forgotten parts of the dream, but I remember being in a room and feeling a presence. I asked "who's there" and got no verbal answer. Then I asked if it was my mom and if it was, pick up a shoe that was on the floor. The shoe lifted off the floor and hung in the air, so I knew it was my mom. I was, obviously, very emotional. Somehow, my mom, although I couldn't hear her speak, was able to convey that every year, at Christmas time, God selects certain souls to return to earth to be with their loved ones and that, finally, she got the call. But she would only be here until Christmas. I remember being so excited and couldn't wait to share my life with her.
Then I woke up and, in a few seconds, realized it was a dream. But, maybe it wasn't?
For the next couple of weeks until Christmas, I'm going to believe that my mom is right here beside me and share some of the things that have happened in my life, particularly the times I wished she had been there.
What a great Christmas season this is going to be!

1 comment:

  1. I totally believe in that. I hope you enjoy this Christmas time knowing full well, she's there with you. I've been asking for my Father to come around me, but so far I haven't felt him around. Maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete