Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Timing Is Everything

At least, that's what some people say. Unfortunately, my timing was a bit off last night when I posted my rants about the Mets ticket program. Right after I sent it, I heard on the 11PM news that Fred Wilpon, the owner of the Mets, was one of the victims of scam artist extraordinaire, Bernard Madoff, who swindled what looks like could be billions of dollars from investors, some of which were non-profit charities.
It was mentioned on the news that Mr. Wilpon had already been asked if he would have to sell the Mets, to which he, at least at this point, emphatically said no.
I'm still not happy about the ticket plans; but, when you put it in perspective, it's not really a big deal.
I need to learn that when I get riled up about something, I should, if possible, let 24 hours pass and then revisit it. Usually things don't look so bad then.
One thing I won't change my mind about - I hope Madoff goes to prison for whatever life he has left and then, rots in hell!

1 comment:

  1. In all fairness, these tickets plans were organized well before Mr. Wilpon leanred he had lost a small fortune. So, don't be so hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete