Thursday, April 2, 2009
Well, since I find it difficult to be creative every week, I've enjoyed sharing other people's creativity, quoting their quotes, so to speak. This week's quotes are from the strange mind of Stephen Wright.
1. Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.
2. Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.
3. Don't you hate when your hand falls asleep and you know it will be up all night.
4. Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.
5. I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
6. I had some eyeglasses. I was walking down the street when suddenly the prescription ran out.
7. Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen.
8. There was a power outage at a department store yesterday. Twenty people were trapped on the escalators.
9. Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.
10. If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?
11. I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.
12. I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said, 'Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours.' He said, 'Yes, but not in a row.'
13. If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?