Sunday, April 19, 2009

Woe Is Me

layouts myspace



I haven't done much blogging this week; I've been out of sorts all week and I was waiting until I felt better, but, to hell with it, if I can't bitch on my own blog, what's the sense?
To give you an idea how bad it's been, the other night I went to bed after only the 4th inning of the Mets game. And it wasn't because of how the Mets were playing; I'm a long-time member of the Church of Tug McGraw and believe "Ya gotta believe!" I just couldn't get into it.
I'm feeling down and am not looking forward to anything. I was scrubbing the grout in the shower this morning and all I could think was "I don't want to do this anymore." Can you blame me?
Believe me, whenever I feel sorry for myself, I'm the first one to say that a lot of others have it much worse. But, hell, that STILL doesn't make me feel any better.
I'm tired of going to work and I'm tired of following up that statement with "but I should be grateful that I still have my job." It still doesn't change the fact that I'm tired of it.
The things we're becoming grateful for are getting absurd. Your company can announce that you won't be getting a raise this year and, on top of that, they will be cutting salaries 10 percent across the board, and how do we react? We're GRATEFUL. Thank you. Mr.Employer, for increasing my job responsibilities and allowing me to work for you for less money, while all the necessities of life are costing more. It's a slippery slope we're treading. It reminds me of how we've reacted to the ups and downs of gas prices. The oil companies kept raising & raising prices, so that when the prices came down to around $2.00 a gallon, we thought we're getting a bargain. Meanwhile, the oil companies continue with their record-breaking profits quarter after quarter.
Well, thanks for coming to my pity party. I owe you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh< I feel your pain! This economic downturn has become an excuse for current employers to try to get the same ammount of production for a lesser price, by using the "Your lucky to be working" line. My boss wanted to take my number one man and put him on another crew so that he could let two people go on the other crew. I told him that I didn't want him to do that. He said,"At this point, we have to do what we have to do!" I replied, "I can always go back to Jersey". That was three weeks ago and I still got my guy!

    ReplyDelete