Thursday, February 12, 2009

Joba The Not

Last summer, a Jersey shore man was arrested for impersonating NY Yankees pitcher, Joba Chamberlain, signing autographs and receiving free meals and drinks from various businesses in Belmar. He also claims that he picked up over 100 women who thought he was Chamberlain. He was sentenced yesterday.
There is so much that bothers me about this story, I don't know where to begin. First, that this guy didn't think he was doing anything wrong. Second, that 100 women slept with him just because he "was" Chamberlain. I know I'm going to sound shallow here but, my God, he's not even good-looking.
And the one question I've wanted to ask all these people who were scammed by this guy - Didn't it ever cross your minds that, as it was baseball season at the time, what would Joba be doing hanging down the shore? Were they that blinded by celebrity that they allowed themselves to believe this guy without question?
I bet they sure feel foolish now.

3 comments:

  1. Girls who sleep with guys just because they are someone often don't have much crossing their mind. And one Joba is nasty enough, we don't need any more imitators.

    Your Valentine card is hysterical, wish I could find it here.

    We found a new spot, Duffy's = too crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this man, but I don't think it should be an offense to pretend to be him, unless it was to commit fraud. Men and women often lie to each other when trying to pick each other up. It just shows what revolting human beings prosecutors are as a breed, if they actually wanted to lock this man up. Probably they were men jealous that he had succeeded in getting 100 women into bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! Dumb ass chickies need to invest in a Baseball for Dummies book! And I agree - Joba ain't no great shakes. Fun to meet a Metties girl. We're Red Sox fans over at our blog so together we can rag on the Yankees.

    ReplyDelete