Sunday, February 15, 2009

V Day Plus One

Hope everyone got to spend their Valentine's Day exactly how they wanted to.
As I mentioned before, the LSH & I don't make a big deal about this day. However, he managed to surprise me this year. He isn't into buying jewelry, unless it's something I have specifically picked out in advance. That's why I was so surprised to receive a lovely necklace with a diamond heart pendant (plus roses, chocolates and this (it's very funny to watch).
We were going to go out for lunch yesterday, but I wasn't feeling up to par, so we went today instead. One of our favorite casual places, Barnacle Bill's in Rumson. It's a very popular local hangout that, if you didn't know where to look, you'd never find it. It's at the end of a street that, if you continued down, you'd wind up in the Navesink River. There are no signs on the main street directing you there. You can help yourself to peanuts and drop the shells on the floor. It's that kind of place. It's a little goldmine; I wish I owned a piece of it.
Other V Day news - one of Mike's brothers got engaged. Congrats to Andy & Kelly. Kelly was totally taken by surprise. And one of his other brothers got engaged last month. Belated congrats to Brian & Jen. To be honest, I thought they were both confirmed bachelors, as Brian is 40 and Andy is either a year or 2 older or younger (the LSH has a hard time keeping track of this family). And actually, the LSH was 40 on our wedding day and had never been married before.
We've been kidding with the engaged couples about a double wedding, but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen. Whatever, we're very happy for them and welcome Jen and Kelly to the family.

3 comments:

  1. It is a well-known fact - at least, on the part of us conspiracy nuts - that Valentine's Day was devised by a sinister cabal consisting of florists, jewelers, and candy-makers to fleece men by playing on the guilt heaped upon them by women convinced by the florists, jewelers, and candy-makers that they really want all this stuff. I have tried to stay strong over the years, but am consistently beaten down my the sinister forces maneuvering behind the scenes. Where are Alfred Hitchcock or Oliver Stone when you really need them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice Valentine's Day. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad I finally surprised her. I am a procratinator and usually do my shopping the last minute. By then K usually gives me "hints". So I feel obligated to get this. I wish could give her everything she wants and still surprise her, because she deserves it. ILU K

    ReplyDelete