Sunday, March 29, 2009

Don't Peek!

Last night I was going through old pictures and things and came upon something that had me laughing hysterically to the point of tears. I've posted it below, BUT DON"T PEEK YET, not until I give you the back story.
At one of my first jobs, they decided to institute Casual Fridays. This was a relatively new concept in the business world. My company explained it as "what you would wear to an informal summer party or to stroll the boardwalk on a Saturday night." After the first few weeks, there were still some people who weren't getting it, so one Friday I was approached by Human Resources and asked if I would mind posing for a picture to illustrate the "well-dressed casual look." I agreed and a picture was taken of me and a male representing what the guys should wear. The company had a weekly newsletter and the following week, they published the picture. Ladies & gentlemen, below is an example of what was deemed "appropriate casual office dress" many moons ago. Ok, now you can peek.













My God! I look like a hooker! I remember those hot pants were orange and the top was brown with orange flowers. Notice I even have some middriff showing. It was because of fashions like this that the Sexual Harrassment policies in the workplace were instituted and I'm so glad I could contribute as an example as to why those laws were so desperately needed.

3 comments:

  1. LMAO! is that Hugh Hefner?
    Where did you say you were near, I only ask because I spent alot of time in Point Pleasant, my dad lived there for about 5 years and I lived with him for 2 years. I used to ride my bicycle from Point to seaside heights, it was a long ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolute riot! I guess you didn't read the memo too carefully. I am laughing as I type this.
    BTW - Winnie Cooper (age 34) just married a composer. I entered a post about it on Preppy in the City, which mentions Winnie's real name. I think it's Danica.
    Anyway, thanks for this laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in Edison and moved to Monmouth County 25+ years ago. Have lived mostly in the Bayshore area - Atlantic Highlands and Middletown. Currently live in the Navesink section of Middletown, and have a great view of Sandy Hook and the Atlantic from my house. Spent a lot of my wayward youth renting houses with friends in Belmar and Manasquan.

    ReplyDelete