Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm Done With Winter

As I sit here, gazing out the window at all the snow (and, btw, watching baseball- Team USA vs the Yankees; a bit strange), a thought occurred to me; how come you never hear anyone say "oh, the winter went by so fast." I don't think even people who claim to like winter ever say that. Please correct if I'm wrong.
I was one of the people complaining about how the Christmas merchandise was on display in October and the Valentine's Day stuff was out the day after Christmas. However, you'll never hear me complain about how early the spring/Easter merchandise comes out. It puts a smile in my heart, knowing winter and snow will be soon behind us.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Cold temperatures and the lessening of daylight hours makes for what seems like a very long winter. It begins at the end of one year,and carries into the next. I'm done with it. I want my spring flowers to bloom; that always makes me feel good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, I am so done with winter. I want nice weather, green grass, rain instead of snow. I want to jump on the Harley and go for a ride. Oh I am done whining.

    ReplyDelete