Monday, March 2, 2009

Wow


I just got a call from someone in the Mets' Ticket Development Dept (their term, not mine; don't know why they don't call it ticket sales anymore). The last couple of years, we've purchased some sort of ticket plan, but haven't done so yet for this year because I was unhappy how they have packaged the games. Before you could buy a Sat. or Sun. plan and your tickets would be for the games at home on either Sat. or Sun. Makes sense. This year, if you purchase what is being marketed as a Sat/Sun plan, you get tickets for 10 Sat/Sun games, but also 5 weekday games. It obviously has pissed off a number of fans. They could have prevented some of this negative fan reaction by marketing it as a 15 Game Plan, rather than as a Sat or Sun package.
Well, I didn't commit to anything but, maybe because Opening Day is fast approaching or I watched my first Mets game of the year yesterday or because this time last year we were down in Port St Lucie at Spring Training, I feel myself weakening. I'm going to talk with the LSH tonight, but I know he's just going to leave it up to me. I'm torn; we should be watching our pennies right now and Mets tickets aren't a necessity. But, going to a Mets game is one of my very favorite things to do. Oh, I don't know. I guess I'll sleep on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment