Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Thirteen


13 Great Quotes of Yogi Berra

1. "He must have made that before he died." -- Referring to a Steve McQueen movie
2. "I want to thank you for making this day necessary." -- On Yogi Berra Appreciation Day in St. Louis in 1947
3. "I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."
4. "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six
5. "It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
6. "It gets late early out there." -- Referring to the bad sun conditions in left field at the stadium.
7. "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
8. "Do you mean now?" -- When asked for the time.
9. "90% of the putts that are short don't go in."
10. "How long have you known me, Jack? And you still don't know how to spell my name." -- Upon receiving a check from Jack Buck made out to "bearer."
11. "You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."
12. "You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
And my personal favorite:
13. "Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."

4 comments:

  1. Yogi is a national treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funeral one made me snicker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too excellent! I made my partner pause the TV to read them to her.
    Happy TT!
    I'm up at both EW, with13 Love Spells and Thornesworld with13 Ally Graphics

    ReplyDelete