Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease.......Again!!


I'm on a roll here and I want to tell you the latest installment of Jersey Girl vs. the American banking system.
After Chase agreed to reimburse me for the fees we incurred when they stole our money from our checking account, I decided to try and get my bank to waive their fees. Saturday morning I called my local branch and spoke to the gentleman who helped us last week. (On a side note, the bank allows anyone with the right info withdraw from your account, no questions asked. But they required the form we had to complete to report the unauthorized transaction, be notarized. Huh?) I asked him, considering the circumstances, if the bank would waive the charges. Of course, he said no, it wasn't their fault and they weren't liable. I gave him my thoughts as to why I believed the bank was, at least, partially responsible. At that point, he said he could credit one of the charges, but he would have to remove our overdraft protection. What was this, Let's Make A Deal? Where's Monty Hall when you need him? I said that it seemed like I wasn't speaking to the right person, thanked him for his time and hung up.
I immediately went to the internet and found the names and email addresses of the 5 top executives of the bank, the CEO, CFO, COO, etc. I wrote to them, explaining the situation, adding that we deposit our money in their bank, believing that it's safe and secure, only to find out it's a false security.
I never heard back from anyone, but on Monday morning, our checking account showed we were credited for all the fees.
I'm beginning to enjoy fighting "the man." Maybe I'll look for a job fighting for the little guy. It's kind of fun.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you want to join the Marines. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I run into a snag, I'm calling you! It pays to be consistent!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete